Yellow Vegetable Acar

Today I cooked beef kerutuk, a curry like dish. So I thought a bowl of cucumber acar will suit my beef kerutuk perfectly. I decided to make this version of cucumber acar, which is called Yellow Acar. This version of mine is a simple version of this Yellow Acar. Is has a sweet, sour, salty and fresh taste. The amount of sugar, salt and vinegar can be altered to one's preference. You can also add in other types of suitable vegetable and fruits that you think suitable. 




This is the first time making this acar for my family so it does not look really appetizing. But I still want to share the recipe and the pic will be upgraded time to time as I make other batch of it. I also added dried chili in it but I don't like it in there. So I omit it from ingredient. If you want to add chili I suggest to add fresh green chili. 

Prep time : around 10 minutes
Cook time : around 10 minutes

Ingredients
  • 1 medium cucumber
  • 1 medium carrot
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 5 shallots
  • 1/2 inch ginger
  • 1 tbsp mustard seeds
  • A pinch of turmeric powder
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup water
  • 15 drops white vinegar
Method
  • Cut cucumber and carrot into 1.5 inch stick (1.5" x 1/4" x 1/4").
  • Crush garlic, ginger and shallot coarsely.
  • Add water in a pan and turn on heat. Add shallot, garlic and ginger.
  • After it become aromatic add turmeric powder, mustard seed, sugar, salt and vinegar.
  • When the mix become thick and reduced into half, add other remaining ingredients. 
  • Stir for about two minutes and turn off heat. 
  • Refrigerate until use. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Romaine Lettuce

Salted Fish Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin)

Lempeng : Flat Pancake Recipe