Sauteed Romaine Lettuce

Malay/English


I was cooking fish curry when my mom asked me to cook this green vegetable. It was just recently my family eat this vegetable. It looks like lettuce to me. I even imagine to eat it raw in my sandwich. The packaging wrote Yau Mark Tam. Yau mark tam? A vegetable from China I guess. Then I thought I would just sauté it with anchovies. And today I searched about yau mark tam in the internet and... it is actually romaine lettuce... hahaha... But sauteed romaine lettuce is also delicious. So let's look at the recipe.

Ready in 15 minutes

Ingredients

  • 1 head of romaine lettuce or yau mak tam
  • 2 shallots (sliced)
  • 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
  • 1 tablespoon anchovies
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 3 tablespoon cooking oil
  • Some drops of white vinegar
  • Salt to taste

Methods

  • Heat cooking oil in a pan.
  • Add in anchovies and fry until they become crispy. Take it out from the pan and crush it a little. Set aside. 
  • With the same oil and heat turned on add in shallots and garlic. Stir until a bit golden and aromatic. 
  • Then add in the lettuce, oyster sauce and salt. Stir until the lettuce become half tender and add in anchovies.
  • Turn off the heat. Add few drops of vinegar. Mix well and serve. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrambled Egg Sandwich with Toum

Lempeng : Flat Pancake Recipe