Egg Vegetable Pancake



I always make this vegetable pancake for breakfast. I like it and made various versions of it since I was a teen. This pancake is packed of vegetable and flavor, and also soft to my stomach wall in the morning. Usually I add tomato ketchup on top of it. I think adding mayonnaise or cheese will be a good option too. It is also easy to make and very fulfilling too. 

Ready in 20 minutes

Ingredients
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 2/3 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 tablespoon chopped Chinese celery
  • 1/2 of small carrot
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1 bird eye chili (optional)
  • 3 tablespoon cooking oil

Some of the ingredients.

Methods
  • Mix flour, egg, salt and curry powder in a bowl. 
  • Dice the onion.
  • Slice bird eye chili thinly.
  • Julienne the carrot.
  • Add onion, carrot and chili in the flour mix. Add some water (about 3 tablespoons) if necessary. Mix well. 
  • Heat cooking oil in a pan. You can also use butter or margarine. 
  • Pour in the mixture. Flatten the mixture into a circle shape. 
  • Cook both side until golden. 
  • Eat with the condiment of choice, such as chili sauce, tomato ketchup, cheese, mayonnaise, and black pepper sauce.
Mixing the ingredients. 


Egg vegetable pancake

Another version I made without curry powder. I substituted it with a pinch of white pepper powder. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Romaine Lettuce

Salted Fish Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin)

Lempeng : Flat Pancake Recipe