Fried Bitter Gourd With Egg And Curry Flavor


I eat bitter gourd for health. There is a saying my teacher always told us when I was still studying in school, which is "Bitter things are medicine". Yes for bitter gourd. And my teacher always refer the saying to bitter gourd. 

Bitter gourd is a crunchy vegetable. What prevent people from eating it is its bitter taste. I have a tip to reduce the bitterness of this vegetable which I already wrote here

Sometimes I go to mamak restaurants to eat rice for lunch. Usually I eat their beef curry and this fried bitter gourd with egg. I then learned this recipe and tried cooking this several times. And yesterday I cooked this fried bitter gourd again to partner it with beef curry. And my father said it is acceptable. My father is very critical when criticizing food. So I decided to add it here into my recipe archive. 

I ate this dish many times in the restaurants. Some people cook it with the egg crispy at the edges. In some place the egg is not crispy. Crispy here means the edge of the egg become golden but the middle part is tender. I fried the egg until it become a bit golden at their edges before adding the bitter gourd. 

This fried bitter gourd is an easy and nutritious meal. It can be eaten by itself, or with rice. 

Fried Bitter Gourd with Egg and Curry Flavor. I used 1 small bitter gourd here, so the amount of egg is more than the bitter gourd slices. 

Ready in 15 minutes

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup sliced bitter gourd
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 tablespoon beef and chicken curry mix powder
  • Salt to taste
  • 3 tablespoon cooking oil

Methods

  • Marinate sliced bitter gourd with 1 teaspoon salt for 10 minutes to reduce its bitter taste. Then rinse well. 
  • Meanwhile mince the garlic. 
  • Heat the cooking oil in a pan. Saute the garlic until golden. 
  • Add in egg. Add in also curry mix powder. Stir the egg like cooking an omelette.
  • Then add in bitter gourd. Add in salt and stir well. If you like you can also sprinkle some white pepper powder. 
  • When bitter gourd slices are half tender turn of the heat and serve.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Romaine Lettuce

Scrambled Egg Sandwich with Toum

Lempeng : Flat Pancake Recipe